Temple Church Organ
Harrison & Harrison Ltd built and installed the great organ in 1954. The case, behind which is the four manual organ complete with three 32-ft stops, is modeled on drawings of the Temple’s Father Smith organ of 1688.
“From 1683 (the year Father Smith and Renatus Harris were commissioned to compete for the contract to install an organ in the Temple Church), the instruments have been well documented. However, the earliest mention of an organ in the Temple Church appears in an inventory made by the Sheriffs of London in 1307 which mentions that there were In the Great Church ‘Two pairs of organs and in the quire a book for the organs and two cushions for the chanter’s chairs’” according to
the church website. The organ was restored from 2011-2013. Queen Elizabeth attended the dedication ceremony.