Saint Michael's Stained Glass Windows by J&R Lamb
From a pamphlet available in the narthex (entrance) of the church, “A Brief Tour and Description of St. Michael’s Church Interior and Windows,” by church Archivist Jean Ballard Terepka:
“These two windows were installed in 1893, two years after the consecration of the present church, by Richard L. Lamb, a partner in the ecclesiastical art firm of J&R Lamb and a parishioner of St. Michaels. The window is in memory of his mother, Elizabeth Clark Lamb, and his wife, Mary Knapp Lamb. Originally installed in the lower west clerestory, the windows were obscured when the parish house was erected and were moved here. The western one of the two presents the Angel appearing to the women after the Resurrection. The other in memory of Mary Knapp Lamb, represents Jesus talking to Mary while Martha is serving (Luke 10:38-42). “
According to Wikipedia, J&R Lamb Studios, established in 1857 in New York City, was the first major decorative arts studio in the U.S. and for many years was its major producer of the ecclesiastical stained glass.The company still exists and the company website provides more detail and history.